Windows 10 is packed with convenient keyboard shortcuts. One especially handy shortcut lets you open File Explorer in an instant from any application. This trick dates back to Windows 95, and it still works on Windows 10 today.
If you’d like to open File Explorer with a keyboard shortcut, press Windows+E, and an Explorer window will pop up.
From there you can manage your files as usual.
To open up another Explorer window, press Windows+E again, or press Ctrl+N if Explorer is already open. To close an Explorer window with a keyboard shortcut, press Ctrl+W.
If you’re interested in learning more, explore the many other Windows keyboard shortcuts available.
- › How to Fix Windows 10’s New Critical Security Flaw (March 2020)
- › What’s the Difference Between Phone Cases, Protectors, Skins, and Covers?
- › Working From Home? 5 Ways to Show Your PC Some Love
- › How to Rearrange Windows with Keyboard Shortcuts on Windows 10
- › How to Sign Up for a Library Card From Home